Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy M Goff has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 24
When I moved to California 5 years ago, I wanted to find a family doctor who I could get to know and who could get to know me as my primary health care provider. I just lost my first husband to colon cancer and he did not have a primary doctor, so when it came time to who was going to make the decisions about his final care (he had stage 4 colon cancer), no one knew him well enough to make the calls. I feel confident after seeing Dr. Goff for my routine health care that she knows me well enough to deal with decisions about my care. She is very professional, down to earth, and practical in her methods. I highly recommend her.
When I had to switch doctors I called Dr. Goff's office to ask about accepting new patients. They happily guided me through the insurance process and made it easy. All I had to do was wait for the change to take effect and then I could schedule an appointment. Once everything was in place and I did just that I was informed that there was a 2 month wait for new patient visits. No one thought this was important to mention beforehand and had no response to my question of why it wasn't brought up beforehand. Not a care in the world. Now I'm stuck either waiting it out or switching my primary care doctor again.
16 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Downey Regional Medical Center
Dr. Amy M Goff accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsValley Medical Associates, 3738 Davis Stuart Rd, Lewisburg, WV
Dr. Amy M Goff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewisburg, WV.