Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amy Han
Dr. Amy Han, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chula Vista, CA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Han is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Palomar Medical Center. Dr. Han has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Amy Han has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
An excellant dermatologist, with accurate diagnosis of skin cancer. Besides being very professional, she is friendly and makes the patient feel comfortable.
Dr. Han improperly injected my cystic pimple with too deep or too much kenalog, and a large discolored ditch formed. Dr. Han went on maternity leave shortly after the injection, but her physicians assistant could not help me. I went to another dermatologist who cleared up the ditch with two saline solution injections. Dr. Han's assistant did not even know about saline solution injections. When Dr. Han returned, she would not reimburse me for the saline solution injections. I've had more than a hundred kenalog injections and never a ditch like the one from Dr. Han. She clearly does not know how to properly inject acne, and she was inconsiderate by not reimbursing me for the saline solution injections from the other dermatologist.
I had an initial consultation with Dr. Han. I was very impressed by her professionalism and caring nature. She was very thorough and considered my medical history and personal experiences in order to provide a very inidividualized treatment regime. What I care most about a good experience with a physician is that that they sit down, make eye contact with you and really listen to what you are saying. They are not rushing out the door to see the next patient. She did these things which meant a lot to me as my skin condition is a very emotional issue. Its not just the ability to listen but the ability to prescribe a treatment that considers your individual needs. I am looking forward to being under her care for the long term.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Han is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 2002
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Amy Han accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Laser Center San Diego, 319 F St Ste 102, Chula Vista, CA
Dr. Amy Han is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.