More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Amy J Mccarthy has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Amy J Mccarthy has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Amy J Mccarthy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 18
Dr. McCarthy has been our family doctor for about 16 years. She is the best and most caring doctor I have ever had, for both myself and my son. When we have seen her outside the office she knows our names and who we are, without having a chart in front of her. We are not just a number or even just patients. We are people to her - people that she cares about. I would and have recommend her to anyone. She is the best.
I thought Dr McCarthy was nice and caring as well. But then I received a voicemail from her office with people talking about my personal information; clearly not knowing that the call was being recorded. My visit was being made fun of due to my lack of knowledge of the medication I was taking. The call was rude, unprofessional and uncalled for. I called back the office very angry and told them what I had heard, then One week later I actually received a voicemail from Dr McCarthy apologizing for her professionalism saying that she had had a bad day. With this being said I have never been soo humiliated and angry with any type of professional in my entire life especially a Doctor whom you are supposed to trust and confide in. I will never visit this office again and I hope this never happens to anyone.
Dr. Mccarthy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Amy J Mccarthy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMercy Medical Group, 1375 S Lapeer Rd Ste 210, Lake Orion, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy J Mccarthy, MD - Internal Medicine in Lake Orion, MI, in this video.
Dr. Amy J Mccarthy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Orion, MI.