Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy J Ray has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 5 of 11
This doctor was recommended to me by someone in the health profession (not a doctor). I was sorely disappointed. Dr. Ray does not believe that anyone in OHIO can have Lyme Disease. Though my daughter was exhibiting increasingly distressing and debilitating physical symptoms, Dr. Ray suggested that my happy, well-adjusted daughter had psych issues! My daughter has never had any mental health concerns, never even been depressed in her thirty years. Also, Dr. Ray gave false information, which is particularly incredulous since I checked it with the Center for Disease Control, available to anyone with access to the internet. Do NOT see this doctor if you have any suspicions of Lyme Disease. Happy to report that my daughter is now symptom free after several months of antibiotic treatments, including IV, from a more knowledgeable physician.
I had been ill for over 6 months and had seen many doctors,had undergone many tests,and had been prescribed many medications. I finally got an appointment with Dr. Ray. She spent a long time with me, listened carefully, correctly diagnosed the problems, and when I followed her advice, I recovered. She was very caring, respectful, and thorough. I'm grateful to have found Dr. Ray and I highly recommend her. She is an excellent doctor and although it is hard to get an appointment with her, it is definitely worth the wait!
Dr. Ray is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Amy J Ray accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUh Cleveland Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy J Ray in this video.
Dr. Amy J Ray is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.