Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy K Pearson has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Amy K Pearson has the following 4 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Amy K Pearson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
I saw Dr.Pearson for the first time last week and she got me in early bc I was in so much pain and had no one to treat my pain because I am new in the area and I have got to say she is probably the best pain management doctor in the area (she is my third) I was very unsatisfied by the other doctors I had seen and I am very happy that I did not settle for less and kept looking until I found the pain management Doctor who was perfect for me her staff is amazing they were very down to earth and made me feel as though I had been a patient for years they took their time with me and did not get annoyed with my questions when dr Pearson came in she sat down with me and talked to me as if she were a friend who just happened to be very informed on my condition she listened and did not make me feel inferior or beneath her she answered all of my questions and also did a thorough exam I can tell that Dr Pearson knows what she is doing and I can tell that we will have a wonderful Doctor patient relationship for she has already gained my trust I can tell that quality of life is as important to her as it is to me I can tell that she takes her practice very seriously and would never want to see one of her patients in pain I would like to thank dr Pearson for allowing me into her practice and allowing me to be one of her patients and I know that I am in very good hands with her and her staff so with that being said if you are seeing a doctor who you are not satisfied with I suggest you give dr Pearson a chance bc I garuntee that she will do her part in bringing the quality back to your life!
I was a long-time patient with pain specialist, Dr. Wayne Woodbury prior to his relocation to the northwest. I made an appt with him so that I could get a specific recommendation from him for a pain specialist for me. Dr. Amy Pearson was 1st on his list. I have been in her care now for a year & am happy to report that I receive a high level of care, which includes compassion, caring, and the time needed to discuss my health. Her practice has expanded a GREAT deal because she was kind enough to take on many of Dr Woodbury's patients; as a result phone calls are not always returned promptly, BUT, when Dr Pearson called me (yes, the dr called, not another person) she assured me that the office would be hiring additional staff. I was apprehensive about changing my pain care specialist, but Dr. Pearson put me at ease immediately with her knowledge, caring, & obvious desire to help. I HIGHLY recommend her.
25 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Amy K Pearson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amy K Pearson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond Hill, GA.