Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amy J Kaissar
Dr. Amy J Kaissar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN, with another office in Indianapolis, IN. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Kaissar is affiliated with St Vincent Mercy Hospital. Dr. Kaissar has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Amy J Kaissar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 23
I came into Dr. Kaissar's office on Tuesday. She helped me with a very unusual problem. She was able to quickly understand and more importantly help me get to the bottom of it. She went beyond what would be expected. She is very in tune with the practical side of medicine as well as the technical side. I greatly appreciated her helping me.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kaissar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Amy J Kaissar accepts the following insurance providers.
- HealthLink PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amy J Kaissar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.