Dr. Amy Illescas Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Amy Illescas?

Excellent doctor

Posted on October 10th, 2017

accurate, honest and forthright, and with a good manner for dealing with any issue you might have.

Life saver for my family!

Posted on August 31st, 2017

Yes, I have had to wait a long time before. Especially if it is a "walk-in visit" and not a scheduled appointment (if your on time for your appointment, you come first.) Yes, she makes you come back every 3 months on most prescription refills. This is good medicine. And if your insurance (BCBS) doesn't allow just a nurse practitioner to see you, yes, you do have to see her as well. Frequently even if insurance does cover just an NP because she is responsible for your health and she takes that seriously. BUT, she is worth the wait to me. She always listens, is very caring (I even get hugs when things are really bad) and works with me on my medication and trying to keep costs down. She is very down to earth and frank. She is not for someone that needs a "delicate" approach. I also love her nurse practitioner and most of her staff. One or two can be abrupt but after working in massively busy physician offices before, it doesn't bother me. I also had my two teenage sons begin seeing her. After getting uncomfortable seeing their long time pediatrician (talk about long waits!) they had tried their father's doctor (male) and another dr. on a recommendation. Neither felt comfortable and since both have several health issues they had to have someone they could communicate with. They LOVE her. My older son drives 60 miles to see her. All in all, I don't wait any longer for her than I have many times in the past for other doctors and the level of care my family received is excellent.

Fabulous Doctor

Posted on February 28th, 2017

As a first time patient, I was a little frustrated with a front desk staff member, and the wait time, but Dr. Illescas followed up and personally apologized for the wait time. Overall, I am satisfied with this office. Staff is friendly, thorough and Dr. Illescas is amazing!!! Highly recommend. If you have to wait to see her it is so worth it!

Horrible experience!!!!! Will never go back!!!'

Posted on January 24th, 2017

Went in for the flu. Not a new patient. Sat in the waiting room for an hour bent over with fever and body aches. Finally brought back to a room for another hour before a staff member even checked on me. The staff was pre occupied having a pizza party with a pharm rep. Never saw Dr Bently. Walked out after two missersble hours. Staff was rude and condescending. Will never go back. This team does not belong in public service. Walked in at the Narrows Clinic, in and out in an hour.

Avoid!

Posted on January 10th, 2017

Was a satisfied patient until the last visit. She stood in the doorway and chewed my head off!! Did not even come in the room to examine me. I will never be returning,

Wonderful and caring Physician

Posted on January 6th, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Illescas for 10 years and have always found her to be a true professional.

Very thorough, listens,

Posted on January 2nd, 2017

My daughter and I both see Dr. Amy. She is very thorough and listens attentively. I believe her to be aggressive in her treatments and no nonsense. I like that. She has also offers alternative treatment to try. Once she talked to me on the phone for over 10 minutes brainstorming on an approach to my daughter's care. My only complaint is the length of time it takes to be seen.

Posted on October 27th, 2016

Did not like at all! Rude, not friendly and impatient. First visit and did not plan to go back. However, two days later after my visit , I received a letter that said she was terminating patient-physician relationship. Asked why I received this and was told, by law, they do not have to disclose to me. LoL. Maybe an attorney could get this disclosed.

Sanctimonious B

Posted on September 13th, 2016

I went to see Dr. Bentley after relocating to Alabama from another state and I needed a new primary care physician. I was trying to get back on my mood stabilization medication (which is not a narcotic or controlled substance) and she was highly recommended by my colleagues. I was honest with the nurse about my medical history (I am a recovering addict.) I wait over an hour in an exam room between the time the nurse leaves the room and Doctor Bentley comes in. When Dr. Bentley came in the room she told me she was hoping that I would've just left on my own so she wouldn't have had seen me since I was just there to "Dr. shop." I was immediately offended by this as I hadn't even had a chance to discuss the REAL reason I was there with her, she was going by my medical history and her preconceived notions. At that point I started crying because I felt like she was criticizing and labeling me before even taking the time to talk to me about why I was really there. Then after I started crying she accused me of getting hostile! Then she asked me to leave since i was being "hostile" and berated me as she ran me out of her office!!! I had no plans on EVER even attempting to return after being treated like a degenerate solely based on her prejudiced and biased ASSUMPTION! All of this happened because she didn't even ATTEMPT to take the time to talk to me! Then two weeks later she sent me a letter in the mail about how she was not going to be able to treat me as a patient!! I guess the only upside to this whole thing is that she didn't try to charge my insurance for the visit! Please do yourself a favor and avoid this irrational and sanctimonious woman at all costs!

Posted on August 23rd, 2016

Office staff incredibly rude and crooked. Billing practices are unethical as you will be billed for your annual checkup that is covered 100% by your medical insurance. If you do not have to work for a living you can get an appointment but she started leaving at 3pm. I am at work by 6:30 am and do not get off until 4:30, I do not have the ability to get in now. If you have any type of regular medication she will make you come back every few months for refills (I am talking about non controlled prescriptions). Not only do you have to come back every 3 months you also have to see her to get the prescription refilled. Not a Nurse Practitioner. If you have to keep going back just to get a prescription refilled then they are making a ton of money off of you and your insurance company.

Angry Bird

Posted on August 19th, 2016

Dr. Bentley has to be one of the most unprofessional and angry Physicians in the world. She threatened me for no reason, her exact statement was, "get out of my office before you catch a load" not even sure what such an ignorant statement means but this lady has some serious, serious issues. All because I asked the nurse how much longer. Anyone with this much angry and violent spirit should not be working with people.

Posted on July 29th, 2016

EXCELLENT Doctor and amazingly kind staff!