Dr. Amy Jarvis Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Amy Jarvis?

Lacks compassion.

Posted on July 17th, 2017

Jarvis was the neurologist on call at Baptist Downtown when my mother was brought in with symptoms of a stroke. After the tests Jarvis came up to me, my husband and brother and brashly said, "You need to disconnect the machines, she's brain dead or will be before daybreak." This was our first interaction with the doctor. She did not introduce herself, other than she was neurologist. She did not bother to explain what had happened, what the tests showed, she just zeroed in on disconnecting the machines. My brother was very upset and Jarvis was told he had nothing to do with the decisions to be made about our mother's health care. I was the only one. Jarvis would pull my brother off to the side and tell him he should talk some sense into me. I told her to stay away from him. The next morning she had my brother inside an office....she was dismissed from the case. She's a piece of work.

Great listener

Posted on April 30th, 2015

Dr. Jarvis helped me when no other doctor had taken my complaints seriously. She was very thorough and explored many options. She also helped me with affordable tests. Because of her I have a referral to my current specialist and appropriate treatment. She also explained what she was doing and why.

Lousy interaction

Posted on June 20th, 2013

Would not recommend this doctor. Rude, confrontative , poor bedside manner

Posted on July 25th, 2014