Dr. Amy L Kahn Is this you?

9 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Amy L Kahn?

Totally lacking in compassion

As a result of changes in my insurance, I was forced to leave a neurologist who had been treating my MS for over 10 years and see Dr. Kahn. On my first visit, she seemed to question the MS diagnosis (made after optic neuritis and several 'flares'), and treated me as though I were a hypochondriac. While she is 'textbook smart,' she doesn't seem to know a lot about MS--particularly the fatigue and cognitive changes that can occur. When I asked to have papers filled out to go on disability, she looked at me as though I were crazy, and said that she saw no reason why I couldn't continue working. As someone who has struggled to stay employed in a demanding career while dealing with MS, I was speechless. Apparently, Dr. Kahn doesn't think that extreme fatigue and memory loss are reasons for a college professor to take an early disability retirement? I'm appalled, and am looking for a new neurologist.