Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amy Y Lai
Dr. Amy Y Lai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond Hill, NY, with another office in New York, NY. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Lai is affiliated with Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Lai has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Amy Y Lai has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Amy Y Lai has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Amy Y Lai has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amy Y Lai is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I would NOT recommend going to see Dr.Lai or her medical offices. She is extremely disconnected from her patients and seems to want to get things done quickly and move on. She runs through things quickly in the examination room like shes in a rush to finish her shift. She is uninterested in answering questions outside of the examination room and holds a strict policy about appointments even though she makes you wait to be seen. If you do not sign in on time she will refuse to see you regardless of how many patients there are. I honestly do not know why she is a doctor if she is so uninterested in her patients. The staff are also very abrasive, extremely unpleasant and unhelpful. When I have called for Doctor Lai to get medical advice the receptionists answer any questions with "Go to the emergency room" without even asking the doctor. Their office makes absolutely no sense when it comes to appointments. If you are not in the office to check in at the exact time of your scheduled appointment they refuse to see you and you have to reschedule no matter what. Even though you still jave to wait in the waiting room and then in the exam room for doctor Lai they will not allow you to be seen if you are 5 minutes late despite having to wait 20minutes to be examined. The rationale behind that is faulty. Lai has hours that only someone who works at night or has no job can actually follow. When Ive been late for an appointment Ive been told by the receptionist that I should have left work early. When they refused me my appointment I asked the receptionist to ask Dr Lai questions that were important to me since I had already been to the er and they were making me reschedule seeing Lai. The receptionist took my question down and told me that Dr.Lai would give me a call. When I got visibly upset and stressed to her my urgency finally one of the receptionists went to ask Dr. lai for me. The response I got back from her was "take advil if you have any pain." A completely generic response that I already knew and gave me no real insight into what was happening with me. I would not reccomend going back to the office or seeing Dr. Lai she does not care about her patients. If she did she wouldnt care so little and turn people away even if its for questions.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
New York City Department Of Health
Dr. Amy Y Lai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amy Y Lai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond Hill, NY.