Dr. Amy Y Lai Is this you?

14 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Amy Y Lai?

NEVER GOING BACK

I would NOT recommend going to see Dr.Lai or her medical offices. She is extremely disconnected from her patients and seems to want to get things done quickly and move on. She runs through things quickly in the examination room like shes in a rush to finish her shift. She is uninterested in answering questions outside of the examination room and holds a strict policy about appointments even though she makes you wait to be seen. If you do not sign in on time she will refuse to see you regardless of how many patients there are. I honestly do not know why she is a doctor if she is so uninterested in her patients. The staff are also very abrasive, extremely unpleasant and unhelpful. When I have called for Doctor Lai to get medical advice the receptionists answer any questions with "Go to the emergency room" without even asking the doctor. Their office makes absolutely no sense when it comes to appointments. If you are not in the office to check in at the exact time of your scheduled appointment they refuse to see you and you have to reschedule no matter what. Even though you still jave to wait in the waiting room and then in the exam room for doctor Lai they will not allow you to be seen if you are 5 minutes late despite having to wait 20minutes to be examined. The rationale behind that is faulty. Lai has hours that only someone who works at night or has no job can actually follow. When Ive been late for an appointment Ive been told by the receptionist that I should have left work early. When they refused me my appointment I asked the receptionist to ask Dr Lai questions that were important to me since I had already been to the er and they were making me reschedule seeing Lai. The receptionist took my question down and told me that Dr.Lai would give me a call. When I got visibly upset and stressed to her my urgency finally one of the receptionists went to ask Dr. lai for me. The response I got back from her was "take advil if you have any pain." A completely generic response that I already knew and gave me no real insight into what was happening with me. I would not reccomend going back to the office or seeing Dr. Lai she does not care about her patients. If she did she wouldnt care so little and turn people away even if its for questions.

Dr. Amy Y Lai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond Hill, NY.