Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy J Muchow has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amy J Muchow has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Amy J Muchow is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
This dr. does not have a shred of courtesy for her patients. The wait time in her office is ridiculous as well as waiting for her to do rounds when I was hospitalized. My husband had to make a call to the head of the Hospital (Beaver Dam, WI) to get her to give us a reason for my hospitalization. She did her rounds on the first day of my hospitalization at 2:30pm which caused any diagnostic tests to be done late in the day which caused my being kept over for another day. I believe if she would have done her rounds in the morning (7am) my diagnostics would have been done and I would have been sent home that day. Instead, when she came in the 2nd day she hadn't even looked over the diagnostic tests. She flipped through my chart and when asked, "How did the tests come out?" She replied, "I geuss I don't know yet." She said she would have to have a nurse run down the results. And so I stayed another day in the hospital. When all was said and done I had a bad case of stomach flu. What a trip. Needless to say, she is no longer my dr. And the Beaver Dam Hospital is no longer my hospital. I could write a book on the lousy care in the hospital. I did follow through with complaints to the hospital and the state concerning dr amy munchow. Result: the dr's are "contracted" by the hospital and so they can bring concerns to them, however they can not insist on change of any kind. Further, they can't take action against the doctor for discipline. The state said that they can't take any action against the dr or the hospital unless the problem was documented. When I was left to sit in my own urine overnight................it was not documented. (no action could be taken). When an inferior nurse took my blood pressure in such a way that she blew the IV needle out of my hand and I was sitting with a pool of blood at my feet///////////////////no action taken by the state because it was not documented. So the nurse that left me in my urine and blew out my IV is also the one who is suppose to document her inferior work. It won't happen and so it will go on.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Amy J Muchow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Unity Health Insurance
- Unity Health Ins Unity Network
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsUw Health Clinic Beaver Dam, 705 S University Ave Ste 200, Beaver Dam, WI
Dr. Amy J Muchow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaver Dam, WI.