Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Amy M Ahasic has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
Dr. Amy M Ahasic has the following 7 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
18 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNORWALK HOSPITAL, 34 Maple St, Norwalk, CT
Dr. Amy M Ahasic is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Norwalk, CT.