The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amy C Rabe
Dr. Amy C Rabe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Overland Park, KS. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rabe is affiliated with Menorah Medical Center and Shawnee Mission Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Amy C Rabe has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amy C Rabe has the following 13 expertise
- Patient Care
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Amy C Rabe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amy C Rabe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr.Rabe was probably the worst oncologist I could have had. Not only did she not answer any of my questions,discuss alternative treatment options,she hardly ever made an appearance during any of MY appointments(instead sending the nurse practitioner), she also refused to manage my side effects during and directly after chemotherapy. I was also told by Dr.Rabe (verbatim) "i do not individualize treatment for patients, I do standard across the board". I would recommend running as far away from her as possible.
Dr. Rabe is a very good doctor. She is incredibly knowledgable about cancer and knows exactly what treatment to recommend. She spends a good amount of time getting to know her patients. She is very professional and has a heart of gold. I highly recommend her!
Dr. Rabe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Amy C Rabe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Kansas Cancer Center, 12200 W 110th St, Overland Park, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy C Rabe in this video.
Dr. Amy C Rabe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.