Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amy R Richter
Dr. Amy R Richter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Jefferson, NY, with other offices in East Patchogue, NY and Wading River, NY . She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Richter is affiliated with Stonybrook University Hospital, John T Mather Memorial Hospital and NYU Langone Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Amy R Richter has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Amy R Richter has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Amy R Richter has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amy R Richter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
I had been recommended this doctor by a former doctor of mine. She made negative comments about current societal happenings, talked with the nurse outside of my door and said I'm a know it all, I don't work. First I do work and second as a professional I try hard not to bring personal beliefs into the professional setting. Uncaring, unsympathetic, I would not recommend her to anyone at this time.
I wish I had read these reviews before I allowed my daughter to undergo a minor surgery performed by Dr. Richter in her office. She told my daughter that she was barely touching her when my daughter was writhing in pain. She was also scolding her that if she didn't relax that she would have to go undergo general anethesia at a hospital. We were told this would be a simple little to no pain procedure and was met with the worst first experience of my 19 year old daughter's life. This woman has absolutely no bedside manner and was extremely unsympathetic of the pain my daughter was feeling during and after the procedure. She used complex doctor terminology instead of layman terms. She never explained any step by step procedure of what was going to happen nor did she explain while she was doing the procedure, she just poked and prodded along jabbing and stinging my daughter. I will tell everyone I know to stay away from this Doctor!
Dr richter is by far the rudest doctor in the Suffolk obgyn practice. She doesn't speak to you nicely she practically yells at you if you don't agree with her on something. She doesn't explain things thoroughly and she's just nasty . This woman never smiles and has the worst bed side manner I have ever seen . Last time I will ever schedule an appointment with . Miserable woman ...
Dr. Richter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1999
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Amy R Richter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy R Richter in this video.
Dr. Amy R Richter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Jefferson, NY.