Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amy T Rose
Dr. Amy T Rose, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Chesterfield, VA, with another office in Quinton, VA. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Surgery. Dr. Rose is affiliated with CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus. Dr. Rose has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Amy T Rose has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Amy T Rose has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Amy T Rose has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amy T Rose is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I've had several surgeries in my life, and I can honestly say I have never felt as comfortable with any of them as I do with Dr. Rose. She is the quintessential surgeon, in my opinion, not only because of her meticulous skill, but she will take the time to alleviate any concern you have with her compassionate and gentle demeanor. I'm so happy I found her and would recommend her to any of my family.
I'm not one to ever complement doctors, but Dr. Amy Rose is amazing! She takes her time with you and does an excellent job at explaining what is going on. Her surgical skills are incredible and I could not have asked for a smoother recovery. She doesn't follow the typical "doctor/surgeon stereotypes" such as being egotistical, using words that are difficult to understand, and rushing out of the room. She is humble, very kind, and spends a lot of time answering any questions you may have. She has performed two surgeries of mine now and each time the experience has been great (well, as good as having surgery can be). I give her 5 stars and would highly recommend her to anyone!
Dr. Rose is a surgeon. She takes emergency cases. As a result, you MAY wait all afternoon in her office. Is your two-week follow-up more important than Dr. Rose saving someone from dying? Probably not. You'll see someone else from her office if she's held up.Dr. Rose is great at laproscopy and does "beautiful surgical work" - my quote from the gastroenterologist who saw me two weeks after she did surgery on me. Unfortunately, I was seeing the GI because I'd developed a post-surgical infection. When I told Dr. Rose I had a surgical site abscess - five days after surgery - she didn't believe me. I was told that infections aren't supposed to develop that fast. Guess what? Sometimes they do. If you have redness, heat, swelling, and excessive pain at your incision 7-10 days after surgery, be sure to speak up.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Rose is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Amy T Rose accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy T Rose in this video.
Dr. Amy T Rose is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Chesterfield, VA.