Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy S Anderson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amy S Anderson has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Amy S Anderson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Anderson was the primary care physician for both my wife and I the two separate times we lived in Dallas. She is one of the best diagnosticians I have ever encountered. Her early diagnosis of my colon cancer saved my life. She is easy to talk to and she follows up with personal phone calls. I might be returning to the Dallas area again and hope to have her as my primary doctor a third time..
I had first encountered Dr. Anderson when she was a resident. Overall I was very pleased. Several years later, when I was looking for a new internist when my insurance plan changed, I was excited to see that she was one of my options. I saw her in the office a few times. I was really disappointed in the way she handled an acute issue and felt that she didn't treat me appropriately. I am not one to change doctors very often but felt it was warranted under the circumstances. I understand she is now doing concierge medicine. That doesn't surprise me a bit. I hope it is a good fit for her.
Amy has been my primary care physician for probably her entire time as a doctor. She has always listened to me intently and has gone above and beyond what I'm accustomed to by other doctors. Dr. Anderson sets the bar I use to judge all other doctors by. If I was independently wealthy I would try to hire her as my personal physician!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1992
Baylor Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAmy Stevens Anderson Md, 9301 N Central Expy Ste 380, Dallas, TX
Dr. Amy S Anderson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.