Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy F Saunders has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 18
I have never encountered a doctor who so consummately combines both excellent, up-to-date clinical knowledge and practice with intuitive, insightful understanding of human nature and the psychological and spiritual dynamics of illness and healing. Dr. Saunders teaches her patients that they are the experts about themselves and what they need for their own healing. She empowers her patients to take care of themselves in an ongoing way, and makes herself available as educator, coach, facilitator, and interpreter of an often-confusing and unfriendly health care system. She is a downright remarkable doctor who makes her patients feel that they have someone smart and caring on their side in their struggle to live with illness and pain.
Dr. Saunders was recently released from duties with the UMHS. I was told it was because she got behind in her dictations. This is really too bad and shows lack of good judgement on the part of UMHS. I have been a patient for 50 years, a registered nurse for 36 years and I can reliably say Dr. Saunders is the best clinician for diagnostics, reassurance, bedside manner and genuine care and concern for ALL of her patients. It saddens me deeply that I have lost the best internist I have ever found. The wait for apt. was sometimes long but I knew she was spending the time necessary to treat the patients she was seeing in a kind, thorough and thoughtful way. I never minded the wait. It is too bad that the great U of M system spends so much time and money on football, creating injuries and shortening lives and can't see it's way to helping somehow with the Paperwork.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Saunders is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Amy F Saunders accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS IL PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIhcpaa, 2800 S State St Ste 215, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Amy F Saunders is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.