Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Amy K Schecter has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Neuroradiologists focus specifically on diagnosing conditions related to the nervous system, spine, head and neck through radiology. They can identify abnormalities in these areas and help doctors properly diagnose the presence of tumors, aneurysms and even dementia.
It’s also common for them to consult with patients with persistent headaches or back pains, trauma to a certain area, or any issue that can affect brain function, such as a stroke. Like any radiologist, they are trained to perform x-rays, cat scans, ultrasounds and MRIs, but they work closely with neurologists and neurosurgeons.
Showing 1 of 1
15 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Amy K Schecter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsRandi Michele Newman Phd, 257 Lafayette Ave Ste 290, Suffern, NY
Dr. Amy K Schecter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Suffern, NY.