Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy M Suppinger has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amy M Suppinger has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Amy M Suppinger has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I am new to the Franklin area and selected Dr Amy. I was impressed by her credentials. What a mistake! She was the only doctor that didn't have a 4 month wait for new patients and now I know why. She did not care to listen to what I had to say, she did not give me eye contact, she was impersonal, unprofessional, lacked empathy and she offered no solutions to help me manage my condition. I left the office in tears because she actually walked out me. I have never been treated by a doctor this way
Though Dr. Amy is a very good clinician, she needs to stop playing Doctor long enough to establish a rapport with her patients. When a patient does not understand what she is thinking or where she is coming from personally, it is difficult to feel a connection. Health care is more than just sitting in a chair, nodding at your patient, furrowing your brow Health care is knowing your Dr. enough to understand what they want and expect from you as you manage your own wellness. Doctor/patient give and take, verbal exchange back and forth, is the best prescription for and that is one prescription that you can not fill with Dr. Amy Suppinger.
Overall, I do like Dr. Amy Suppinger. She does seems a little quiet, so she may seem aloof at first. After a couple of visits, it's better. She does listen and spend time with the patient. She does a good job with follow up. Although her office staff has been fine, the nurses in the back have been somewhat curt sometimes especially if you're a late in the afternoon appointment. One reviewer stated not to go to Dr. Burgos. I disagree. She is a very busy and beloved doctor. She is probably trying to see too many patients, but she is an excellent doctor. I saw her when I couldn't see Dr. Amy. I was very pleased with the care I received.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Suppinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Amy M Suppinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWilliamson Medical Group, 4601 Carothers Pkwy Ste 225, Franklin, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy M Suppinger in this video.
Dr. Amy M Suppinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Franklin, TN.