Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy C Tarnower has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amy C Tarnower has the following 11 expertise
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Dr. Amy C Tarnower has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
When first DX with Breast CA she was very good, prompt, informative, compassionate. As I am so fortunate to have been disease free for 4 years I was so surprised when I contacted her with severe fatigue and she blew me off. Said it was not due to the medications she had me taking...well it was. I went to another doctor who diagnosed severe anemia that I still struggle with. Dr. T. never bothered to order in blood tests or exam. I would not go back to her
33 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Amy C Tarnower accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsUNM Hospital (Univ of NM), 2211 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Amy C Tarnower is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.