Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ana P Machado has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Ana P Machado has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Ana P Machado is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
My 2 girls have been patient's of Dr. Machado for over 11 years. She has always been sensitive, thorough and soft spoken. She takes the time to explain in plain terms and answers all your questions. She is very smart and knowledgeable. I will miss her professionalism and opinion once my daughters grow up.
Dr. Machado is very caring and compassionate. We take our own child and our foster children to her. She once met with both of us foster parents and the biological family, plus the DCF worker, and she explained everything about the baby's care--in both English and Spanish. She spent an hour making sure the baby got the best transition back to his bio family. My only caveat: the Danbury office is crowded and always runs late, but the New Fairfield office is very personable and helpful. She is only in the Danbury office on Fridays.
The first time I met Dr. Machado, she was student, teaching the college medical students. The nurse asked me if it was Ok if a student sat in on the appointment. I had no issue with that. However, When this student walked in to the room he didn't have a ID on him, nor did he introduce himself. He had a horrible attitude and he went straight to my daughter and began examining her. He proceeded to check her lungs and heart and then started to take her diaper off. That is when I asked him to stop and get the dr. At that point I was already there 45 mins. It took another 1 hr and 15 mins for Dr. Machado to sashay through the door. When she walked in she said hello to me and asked the student what he found. She wrote it down and didn't check herself. I asked Dr Machado in front of the student, that was it customery to allow a student examine a child? I didn't expect him to do what he did without a dr being present, as well as why she didn't double check him. How could she concure with him when he isn't a doctor?? Then while she had her foot out the door, i asked her if she thought it was right to leave a patient for almost 2 hrs. You are dealing with children, who are on schedules, are you not? Needless to say, this was the last my child saw this office. what a horrible experience.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Ana P Machado accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCENTER FOR PEDIATRIC MEDICINE, 107 Newtown Rd Ste 1D, Danbury, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ana P Machado, MD - Pediatrics in Danbury, CT, in this video.
Dr. Ana P Machado is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Danbury, CT.