Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ana M Rios has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Ana M Rios has the following 14 expertise
- Hepatitis B
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- HIV Infections
- Bronchial Hyperreactivity
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections
Dr. Ana M Rios has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ana M Rios is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I love Dr. Rios!! My little girl has been having severe stomach pains for 4 months and has missed many days of school due to this. So after many various doctor visits plus the financial burden with no answer, I was quite frustrated. On our first visit, Dr. Rios took the time to listen to us and did a very thorough exam of my daughter. For the first time, I felt like we finally found a doctor that cared enough about the patient. I informed her that we didn't have health insurance and cost was an issue, so she was very helpful in ordering test that was only absolutely necessary so that we didn't have to waste anymore of our limited finance. Knowing our financial hardship, she also waived her portion of the office visit. Where can one go to find a doctor as such?
23 Years Experience
Universidad Cristiana Boliviana (Ucebol)
Graduated in 1995
Miami Childrens Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCook Childrens Medical Center, 801 7th Ave, Fort Worth, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ana M Rios in this video.
Dr. Ana M Rios is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.