The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anaadriana Zakarija
Dr. Anaadriana Zakarija, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Chicago, IL and Chicago, IL (and 1 other location). She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Medical Oncology. Dr. Zakarija is affiliated with Northwestern Mem Hosp and Northwestern Mem Hosp. She speaks English.
Dr. Anaadriana Zakarija has 4 locations
250 E Superior St
Chicago, IL 60611
675 N Saint Clair St Ste 21
Chicago, IL 60611
Book Online Now
Dr. Anaadriana Zakarija has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Anaadriana Zakarija has the following 11 expertise
- Blood Disorders
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Anaadriana Zakarija is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Zakarija is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Rush University Medical College
Graduated in 1997
McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University
Dr. Anaadriana Zakarija Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anaadriana Zakarija, MD - Hematology in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Anaadriana Zakarija is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chicago, IL.