Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anabel Lucanie has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 30
Beware the billing practices of this office. I went to the office for a well visit which is covered 100% by my insurance company. At the time of scheduling the appt, at the time of confirming the appt, when I was in the exam room with the nurse for vitals, etc, and finally when I was with doctor herself I let every person know along the way that I was there for a well visit and did not want ANY procedures or tests done that were not covered under my plan for a well visit. I declined a hearing test, an EKG, etc. for fear that it would not be considered part of the well visit. I made sure my blood was drawn the same day and urinalysis as well because my plan requires them to all be done on the same day. In other words, I did my homework and was an informed patient and consumer. Well, lo and behold , I get a bill that states IN ADDITION TO THE WELL VISIT I WAS CHARGED THE SAME EXACT DAY FOR AN OFFICE VISIT FOR AN ADDITIONAL $130.00.!!! When I spoke with the billing dept. at Dr. Lucaine's office , Barbara stated that it was because prescriptions were written and a referral was made to another doctor. I was shocked. I am 49 years old and have been seeing an internist for over half of my lifetime and never once has this happened. These people are underhanded. Everyone smiles and nods their heads as you express your concerns and not one of the 4 people I spoke with uttered one word to me about any possible additional charges at any time. They are deceitful. I asked to speak directly to the doctor to let her know why I was not keeping my appt. with her thinking she might actually care but the front desk person gleefully told me she would not interrupt the doctor for me even though I was requesting to speak with her at the exact time my appt. was supposed to be taking place. I then learned that doctor had 3, yes,3, patients scheduled at 5pm which was my appt time. Whether the doctor herself knows what is going on in her practice and condones and encourages it I do not know but these things usually start at the top so I have a feeling she is quite aware and doesn't care. It is clearly all about the money here and not the patients well being.
I have been to see Dr. Annabel Lucaine several times and have waited over an hour every time. I try to get the first appointments but they are never available. Today I am here for an appointment 2 hours after she started taking appointments. I do not know how she is so off track after only two hours.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lucanie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Anabel Lucanie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsValley Diagnostic Medical Center, 581 N Franklin Tpke Ste 1, Ramsey, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anabel Lucanie in this video.
Dr. Anabel Lucanie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ramsey, NJ.