Dr. Ananda Nimalasuriya Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Ananda Nimalasuriya?

Was diagnosed with thyroid papillary ca in 2001 and Dr. Nim referred me to Dr. Gemechu. I have regrets about my decision to have Dr. Gemechu perform the surgery without having a 2nd opinion by a head and neck specialist and a 2nd opinion on the pathology. I am wondering about the overdiagnosis of thyroid ca. My cancer returned 9 yrs later and had to undergo another surgery, this time by a head and neck surgeon with plenty of experience with neck cancer, and another round of high dose RAI. Now I am suffering from swallowing problems and difficulty breathing for the past several years. Two neck surgeries, radioactive iodine , and high doses of thyroid hormone have taken a toll on my well being and my career.

COPD