Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ananda Som has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Holter monitoring
- Skin Cancer
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Women's Health
- Skin Diseases
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Cholesterol Management
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Showing 5 of 93
I would try to find a vet for him but if that is impossible and all else fails maybe dr Soms' wife will allow him to see you sick doggie. This is because she runs the office, all that happens there, including the meds dispensed, or what the Dr tries to dispense, the equipment written for, even treatment you are allowed to receive, etc. After all she is the head of the household and the office so that seems to the way it is for them that works. (for them) After all its easier for him and cheaper since she doesnt need to go to medical school to get a degree. And they dont have to to pay if you are too sick! Mabaged care you know. Bottom Line ! Be cautious when choosing a doctor for any serious conditions. School and work checkups, who cares? Other procedures? Good luck!
i went to see Dr.Som as a new patient and his office staff was amazing very kind friendly made me feel like i had been there for years. i saw Lindsey his PA she was so sweet asking me questions getting to know me and then the Dr came in and he asked his questions got to know and took the time to listen to what i had to say. overall i have to say that this practice is great i am glad i choice them and i will tell all my friends
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Finch University Of Health Sciences
Dr. Ananda Som accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Center On The Gulf Llc, 30522 US Highway 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ananda Som in this video.
Dr. Ananda Som is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Harbor, FL.