Dr. Anant Patel Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Anant Patel?

Awful

Posted on April 13th, 2016

Initial appointment was horrible and I will not be back. He wouldn't commit to a treatment and wanted to leave decisions to us. Blamed my issues on Parkinson's even though I'm very active and am doing well in treatment. I will never suggest seeing him.

Incredible Doctor

Posted on April 2nd, 2015

An incredible doctor! He saved my life! I will always be grateful to him!

Posted on January 7th, 2015

Dr. Patal performed my DBS surgery for Parkinson's in Tandem with my Neurologist Dr. Robert Izor. Dr. Patals ability to make you feel at ease for Brain surgery is remarkable. He comforts by explaining things during Pre-op visits and the precision he takes during the procedure is unmatched.

He Saved My Life!

Posted on March 20th, 2014

I was in a coma--Dr. Patel installed a shunt and saved my life. It took a month for me to wake up, but today I am a fully functioning individual thanks to Dr. Patel! Later that year he found the source of my infection and removed it.

DBS Surgery for PD

Posted on July 6th, 2012

Remarkable surgeon; generally speaking:for neurosurgeon (many of whom have difficulty with bedside manner) Patel was very compassionate and yet honest with before and after procedure communication. My operation took 9 1/2 hours when the average time is approx 4 hrs...my point being..he didn't give up nor allow other surgeries push me out of the way. The results were not perfect (1 mm off the target on the right stm), but the results would have far worse had he persevered with me. I am writing this 5.5 years after the brain surgery I would consider him to be A1 rating in my case.

Helped me walk again

Posted on October 15th, 2009

I had two falls in Austin while I was away from my home. Dr. Patel performed Kypoplasty on me or I would not have been able to get on the plane to go home. I did not see him as often in the hospital as I would have liked, but i was impressed with the time and attention he gave when he came to my room. I believe he is a brilliant man and surgeon.

Best "back doctor" in Austin!

Posted on September 26th, 2008

I was very lucky to have been guided to this surgeon. After many back problems over the years and finally stenosis to the point of being incompacitated, he recommended laminectomy. After a more complex surgery than expected, I came out of it fine and can already see many improvements since surgery only 2 wks ago! Not only is Dr. Patel experienced and knowledgeable, but he really cares for his patient and makes certain things are done for the best possible outcome. I would rate Dr. Patel the best back doctor in Austin!

Posted on November 6th, 2017