Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ananthy Nallapillai has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ananthy Nallapillai has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 4
I visited Dr. Nallapillai's office for a routine physical which was 100% covered by my insurance carrier but I was told at the end of my visit that I probably owe about $25 for the co-payment. The lady at the front desk told me it was usually about $25 and any difference I will be billed later or recieve a check for the difference so I went ahead and paid the $25 in cash. After the visit I found out from my insurance company that even the co-payment was waived so the Dr.'s office actually owed me $25. I tried calling the office but the lady at the front desk told me they don't handle payment processing. She gave me a number to call. The number she gave me only goes to a voicemail. I called the lady at the office back to see if that was the right number because it went straight to voicemail and she was rude and kept telling me they don't handle the payment stuff at their office and yes the number she gave me was correct, she said their payment processing is handled in India. she was very rude. i think her name was Cookie or something. I've left messages several times. One time someone called back and left a message on my phone telling me that they are waiting for documents from my insurance company. I contacted my insurance company but they've already submitted everything on their end. When i called back the payment processing center (voicemail box) no one ever called me back. I've called many times and asked for my $25 check to be sent back to me but no one ever called back. my insurance agent even tried contacting them but could never get a hold of anyone. it's been over a year and i still haven't heard back. it's only $25 but they've wasted so much of my time trying to get the money back. good thing i didn't pay them more.
Dr. Nallapillai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Healthone Corporate Health Services
Dr. Ananthy Nallapillai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ananthy Nallapillai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.