Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anath Shalev has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Insulin Resistance
- Addison Disease
Showing 1 of 1
I had never seen her but had a known thyroid condition. Before she even ordered blood work she told me she would never consider giving me anything but synthetic drugs. She doesn't care about her patients past history or successes, or their knowledge base, or even their own intelligence. When I asked her about a particular synthetic drug new to the market, she didn't even know about it. Yet it was profiled in the Journal of Endocrinology months before.
25 Years Experience
Graduated in 1993
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Anath Shalev accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUab Medicine, 1530 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Anath Shalev is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.