Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrea Ashby
Dr. Andrea Ashby, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lafayette, CA, with another office in Lafayette, CA. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Ashby is affiliated with John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus and Walnut Creek Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Andrea Ashby has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Family Planning
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Holistic Health
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 28
This doctor was a miserably experience from beginning to end. Avoid this woman if you have any sense of thinking for yourself, or even if you want to discuss treatments options. She wants you to treat her as God, and you are her lowly dominion. She managed to find a mini-version of herself as her front desk person. This young woman spewed out attitude and condescension as artfully as Ashby. Fact is, Western Medicine is a "treatment" model not a healing model. Seems to me that Ashby should just accept this instead of letting arrogance blind her to the fact that she is not a healer. In fact, she was detrimental to my health because she let her personal feelings affect her care for me. Avoid her and preserve some of your life quality.
This woman is rude, she yells at you for questioning anything. She is late (sometimes 45+ minutes late, she wasn't even in the office. When she arrived, she spent five minutes laughing with her secretary about her outfit before coming in to see me). Complete disrespect. She gave me several meds that made me worse, she refused to change my thyroid med from Armour (I was allergic and having major flare ups with my Hashimoto's) to Naturethroid. Finally found a fabulous Endo (which she told me not to go see) that allows me to adjust my meds according to my symptoms. This woman is a piece of work. The kind that can dish it out but not take it. She even screens what patients she will take on. Probably to see if they won't disagree with her. Go elsewhere. You've been warned.
Doctor had rude and arrogant bedside manner. She was extremely late each time I visited. Unbelievable verbal rudeness and disregard. She ordered tests without my consent and knowledge for services not covered by my insurance, and now I'm stuck with a bill for over a thousand dollars. Even her own staff was perplexed as to why she utilized testing facilities and services they weren't familiar with...very strange, indeed. Now I have to go through the major hassle of fighting the insurance carrier to cover these bills. The doctor could care less and rudely dismissed my questions about my bill.
Dr. Ashby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Walnut Creek Campus
35 Years Experience
University Of California San Francisco School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Andrea Ashby accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrea Ashby in this video.
Dr. Andrea Ashby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, CA.