Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrea Bacani
Dr. Andrea Bacani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ogden, UT. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bacani is affiliated with MCKAY DEE HOSPITAL, McKayDee Hospital Center and Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Andrea Bacani has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andrea Bacani has the following 10 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Patient Care
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Andrea Bacani is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
This doctor had poor bed side manners. She disregarded questions I ask concerning my issue and made me feel belittled and stupid for asking any. Nothing was resolved in my visit to her. I was given the same protocol I had before regardless of it being an unsuccessful treatment. Seeing her was a complete waste of time. Not to mention the long wait of actually getting an appointment. I tried to change doctors in the same clinic and was told it's against their policy. I then found out she was leaving the practice and decided to call and make an appointment with a different doctor. The staff told me they had to schedule me under her but that I would be seen by a different doctor because she would be gone by then. I have received 3 phone calls to reschedule and still don't have a definite appointment. I am so disappointed in the way I have been treated and the run around I have had to deal with just to try to find a good doctor.
Dr. Bacani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
McKayDee Hospital Center
Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital
11 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Andrea Bacani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Altius Provider Directory
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsMcKay Dee Rheumatology Clinic, 4403 Harrison Blvd, Ogden, UT
Dr. Andrea Bacani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ogden, UT.