Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrea L Chymiy has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Andrea L Chymiy has the following 13 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Women's Health
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Andrea L Chymiy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
My kids and I have been seeing Chymiy for several years now and she has always taken good care of us. She has great bedside manner and it's nice to have a doctor really listen instead of making assumptions. She is very considerate of my varying circumstances and she's never once made me feel like I was crazy for asking a question, (unlike a lot of other doctors I've experienced in the last 20 years). When she doesn't have the answer, she does her best to find it or refer me to someone else. I trust her with my health and my kids.
The wait time for a popular and well-liked doctor is going to be more than for someone who doesn't have a lot of patients, or, for an office that books a lot of patients for a particular doctor. To the latter extent, the doctor doesn't really have control over wait time unless they cut the patient short in order to get onto the next one. Dr Chymiy seems to spend the time she needs to make sure her Rx is the right one. At least she does with me.She exhibits a lot of empathy and concern for my problems and I appreciate that. She asks questions to help with diagnosis or determine the severity of the problem in order to prescribe the appropriate prescription, be it medication, therapy, or some form of patient direction.Sure, for previous posters that downgraded her for spending little time, I too wish I could have longer visits but then, being realistic, I realize doctors are only allocated so much time with each visit by the appointment desk and they still have to document the visit. If the doctor spends more time with you then that pushes the whole schedule back, and they still have to eat lunch or go home before the office closes. Doctors are humans, and good ones. Unfortunately, the job is a real treadmill.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Swedish Medical Center
Dr. Andrea L Chymiy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAndrea Legge Chymiy Md, 19980 10th Ave NE Ste 202, Poulsbo, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrea L Chymiy in this video.
Dr. Andrea L Chymiy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poulsbo, WA.