Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrea N Ferrantino
Dr. Andrea N Ferrantino, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ferrantino is affiliated with Golisano Childrens Hospital. Dr. Ferrantino has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Andrea N Ferrantino has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andrea N Ferrantino has the following 7 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
I am thankful to have chosen Dr. Ferrantino when my doctor moved out of state. She has been caring, compassionate and thorough in her evaluations of my complex health issues. She keeps me up to date regarding coordination of care with other providers and is very knowledgeable. Do not hesitate to choose her as your Doctor. She is wonderful. Thank you Dr Ferrantino! I have complete confidence in your care and practice.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Ferrantino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 2007
Strong Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsStrong Memorial Hospital, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
Dr. Andrea N Ferrantino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.