Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrea D Hucks has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andrea D Hucks has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Andrea D Hucks has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I have been a patient since I moved here 12 years ago and was referred to her by a friend (who's husband is a physician in Beaufort) I thought, if she liked her, so would I. I am so very lucky to find her. So caring, takes her time with me. My Mom moved here & loved her, too. I didn't think she took any new patients, so I was surprised she is now, because my daughter wanted to see her also. You will be lucky if she adds you to her patients list.
Dr. Hucks has been my primary care doctor for 2 years and she has been excellent. She is a kind person who takes all the time necessary to discuss my health. When I was very sick she called me at home to check up. You just don't find many doctors like her anymore. You will probably need a referral to get an appointment.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hucks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Greenville Hospital System
Dr. Andrea D Hucks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeaufort Memorial Primary Care, 989 Ribaut Rd Ste 260, Beaufort, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrea D Hucks in this video.
Dr. Andrea D Hucks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaufort, SC.