Dr. Andrea Mainman Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Andrea Mainman?

Best doctor ever!

Posted on October 31st, 2015

Dr Andrea Mainman has a relaxed manner that always makes me feel at ease. Answering all my medical questions & concerns extremely well, leaving me informed , which many doctors don't seem to do very well these days. The medical care is always the best, she is the best doctor ever, I wish I could see her for all of my medical needs. And I never feel rushed through my appt with Dr. Andrea Mainman. Thank you for always being available for me.

Dangerous Advice

Posted on September 18th, 2014

Dr. Mainman pushed a procedure to me that not only did not address my needs, but specifically ignored my situation and, according to two other doctors, would have placed me in danger. After I researched the procedure and opted for something simpler and safer, her office called me to let me know they had made a mistake and would not see me again because they don't take my health insurance any longer. She is not a doctor as much as she is a salesperson for her office's signature procedures. Do NOT listen to her if she tells you an invasive procedure has no risks or side effects. She is not genuinely concerned for you.

Wonderful Delivery Experience

Posted on March 10th, 2014

Both Dr. Andrea Mainman and Dr. David Mainman made my pregnancy and delivery a wonderful experience. They have been incredibly professional and knowledgable. As a registered nurse I have a unique prospective, and I appreciate the availability and approachability they posses. Both the office and hospital are beautiful and clean. I highly recommend them.

Great doctor

Posted on February 13th, 2014

Dr Andrea is wonderful. Very thoughtful and intelligent. She has a great bedside manner and I love everything about her practice. Can't imagine having a baby anywhere else.

Arrogant, rude, don't taint your childbirth experience

Posted on February 13th, 2013

Andrea Mainman was unbearably inconsiderate and rude. My wife did not want to commit to yes or no on the epidural, but just wanted to see how things went (which is completely understandable for a first pregnancy!). This didn't seem to be an issue until we were actually delivering. Andrea was not on call but came in place of her husband and she clearly was in a hurry to get back home. She was inexcusably rude to my wife saying things like "What makes you think you can do this without an epidural?" Despite my wife progressing completely normally, Andrea broke her water without asking permission and then put her on a Pitocin drip (also without asking). Obviously both of these things made the contractions escalate drastically, all but forcing my wife to request the epidural. Andrea was absent from the entire labor otherwise...just popped in to be insulting and forcibly speed up the process. My wife even had to stop pushing and stall the delivery while we waited for Andrea to show up again and deliver our baby. This was our first child and we now know better how to take control and not let arrogant doctors walk all over us--but there is no excuse for Andrea's unprofessional behavior.

Love the Mainman team!

Posted on October 4th, 2012

Over the years I have stuck with this practice (Desert Bloom OBGYN) and have seen it grow into a successful business- and it's successful because of the kind, genuine, and thorough staff that's employed. Andrea Mainman has specifically been given low ratings and I cannot fathom why. I've "known" Dr. Andrea and Dr. Dave for almost five year, and they'e overseen and delivered two of my children... soon to be three. I'm not sure what red carpet treatment others expect, but Dr. Andrea is always soft spoken, kind, and attentive to any questions or needs that I've had. This includes appointments, as well as on call phone conversations. She doesn't hesitate to do what needs to be done to reassure the patient that they are being taken care of. In fact, even though I live over an hour away with traffic, I still choose to make the trek across town for prenatal care, because I've had such a pleasant experience with everyone at this practice. The girls up front, as well as the nurses, are always smiling and friendly. Let's face it- the OB clinic isn't always a fun place to be, but the atmosphere and staff make it as comfortable as possible. I've never had a situation where I left my appointment feeling like I've been herded through as just another number in line. It's always been personal, and all my questions have always been addressed. There is frequently a wait time, but these people deliver life into the world for a living.. schedules aren't always going to jive with the situations that arise when dealing with pregnancy and birth. As stated, even when the clock is ticking, I'm never rushed out the door. I'm always treated as if I'm just as important as everyone else, and to me, that's difficult to truly find. I'm in no way compensated for this review, and I'm not personally associated with the Mainman team in any way. I'm just a happy patient, and it just drives me insane to see ugly things written about someone that I trust and truly know, just because someone had a bad day.

Very Compassionate Doctor

Posted on February 12th, 2010

Not sure who these other comments came from but I find Dr Andrea to be very compassionate and detail oriented. I am also a difficult blood draw and an MA named Vicky, got my blood on the first try! That rarely happens. I find that people who are happy with the service they have been provided rarely post to these site, so I felt I would do so! Thank you for a warm experience

BEWARE

Posted on November 8th, 2009

There is a disconnect betwee the tests the doctor orders and the actual scheduling of them at the hospital. Staff can't or won't call the hospital to get the tests scheduled and doctors don't realize this. When you tell them these docs are in a fog or something. Maybe they need more sleep????

Bad doctor

Posted on April 6th, 2009

She clearly hates her job. She barely spoke to me or made any eye contact. She had blood work drawn and then sat on the results for weeks despite my phone messages. Then I find out some of the hormone tests she ordered were done at the wrong point in my cycle rendering them useless.

Posted on February 7th, 2017