Dr. Andrea E Reh Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrea E Reh?

Dr. Reh and her staff

Dr. Reh and her staff were great! Everyone in the office was kind and considerate. Dr. Reh was thoughtful in her explanations and put both husband and myself at ease. I wouldn't hesitate to see them again, and wish I had found them sooner.

Fantastic experience with IUI

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Reh at Shady Grove. She was very professional and straightforward about my situation and the plan we used to help me conceive. The staff was equally wonderful and supportive every step of the way. They even took the time to help me get comfortable with the IUI procedure. It took a few tries, but I am currently 11 weeks pregnant.

Left Feeling So Discouraged and Disregarded

Unfortunately, I did not receive the level of care as one may presume with any physician at Shady Grove. When we met Dr. Reh, it was under grave circumstances of having received a diagnosis of a uterine disease. Being age 40, my OBGYN suggested that we go to shady grove. Initially, my first impression of Dr. Reh was fair. She is not the most friendly person, but what mattered more to me was if she'd listen to my concerns, as well as my dream to become a mother. We fully cooperated and went through the rigorous pre-diagnostic testing. Afterward we endured countless "life" issues from other health issues, to making some pretty stressful decisions that took precedence over our quest to start IUI right away. During this process, we kept in touch and full communion with our nurse, who is a Saint; literally this woman called and emailed just to check on our status and was so helpful and supportive. As soon as we were ready (3 months later), we contacted our nurse to tell her we were ready to start our first IUI cycle. When I arrived for my appointment with Dr. Reh, she spent 10 minutes in the exam room with me. She told me that I had very few eggs left. When I responded with a Trimble in my voice (what do you mean?); she said "well we talked about this already"...we'll do our best" and walked out of the office. I was dumbfound and felt alone. When I proceeded to exit while trying to hold back the tears, I ran into her in the hallway and asked her how many eggs do I have. She said she didn't know how many and reiterated that we discussed the topic before. Well, that was months ago and perhaps she confused me with another patient, but that was not told to me. So to find out in that manner was devastating. Her tone and disposition were so patronizing and cold that I was taken aback. She didn't even try to explain or show compassion enough to see I was hurt and confused. When I came to shady grove to seek help in early March, I encountered good people from the finance office to the other areas/departments. I had high hopes. But this will affect me and I will never forget this experience. Not to mention she made a mistake on the paperwork a couple of months ago that really delayed things because my insurance denied coverage for IUI because she incorrectly wrote down we had been trying to conceive for 6 months rather than 1 year, which we conveyed to her during our meeting to discuss our results in May. The finance office literally had to write my insurance company and I had to send proof for them to correct this error. She never apologized; never called to follow up; or show any attentive care to us at all. We were not important and our quest to have a conceive felt overlooked and unappreciated. I do not know if we will continue care at shady grove. We are still hopeful to conceive, but pray that we can be matched with a more caring, compassionate and patient doctor who wants to help us and exudes both the intelligible knowledge and innate compassion to listen and encourage us as we continue to embark on this rough journey to have a child at 40.

Great experience during a hopeless time

Dr. Rah from Shady Grove was professional yet understanding. She helped identify the underlying problem of my infertility. She explained the medication process and the possible outcomes in a realistic way. When I had failed cycles she called me to discuss the next steps...on a Friday night while she was on vacation. I have a sweet little boy due to her help and o will be forever grateful.

As Zen as IVF Can Get!

Our first go at IVF was while we were living and working in the Middle East - while we got pregnant on our second try, the experience was stressful and we never really knew what was going on - between language barriers, being shuffled in and out of waiting rooms (separated from each other because of male/female waiting sections), and being one of the only women not wearing a full abaya/niqab (black dress and scarf that covers the entire face), it was not the easiest experience. Of course, we got our son out of it which was a miracle and a blessing! Fast forward two years and we are back in the states and it is time to give our son a sibling. The experience at SGF was absolutely night and day to the experience we had in the Middle East! Everything was well organized, explained in great detail, and we actually understood what was happening each step of the way. We ran into a few unexpected hurdles at the outset, but Dr. Reh was a constant source of reassurance and level-headedness. Against her consult (due to high progesterone levels which impacted the readiness of my lining), we did a transfer after our retrieval because otherwise we would have lost a full "try" with insurance. As she predicted, we did not get pregnant on the first try. We had a good batch of frozen embryos to work with and luckily on the second try, we were successful. We are about 11 weeks now and incredibly grateful for the zen-like atmosphere at Shady Grove! We literally never had to wait more than a few minutes, and we never felt rushed as we pummeled Dr. Reh with question after question. I would highly recommend Dr. Reh.

Compassionate and Understanding

After four years of infertility struggle, my husband and I felt like Dr. Reh really listened to us and our concerns. She was compassionate and thorough and made sure we understood every part of the process. We are now 13 weeks pregnant and so thankful to Dr. Reh and her team for their part in this.

Wonderful experience with IUI through SGFC

We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Reh, and were fortunate enough to have a successful pregnancy on our first attempt at IUI. Dr. Reh was wonderful with explaining the process to us and helping us along the way. Her team of nurses and staff at Shady Grove Fertility were so sweet and caring, the entire experience was extremely positive for us, and we hope to come back to them again in the future.

Excellent!!!

Dr. Reh is wonderful! Amazingly kind, compassionate, and helpful. I went to many doctors, and she was the only doctor to truly listen to me and my symptoms, and as a result, was able to actually diagnose and treat the cause of my "unexplained" infertility.

Very caring Doctor

Dr Reh was very kind and patient with us and didn't push us into aggressive therapies. We were successful on our second round of IUI.