Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrea N Uribe has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Andrea N Uribe has the following 15 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Andrea N Uribe is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
My symptoms of bipolar disorder got significantly worse when I was under her care. I could not go to work most days. When I told her this , she told me to stick with the plan or increase my dose. I was already overmedicated. My mom paged her once because I passed out at work. She said to contact her the next business day and to not bother her at home unless it was really an emergency. Her staff was really nice , were more understanding and knowledgeable than she was (probably because they did most of her work for her).
This doctor is arrogant and a little too worried about billing. One appointment she had a timer and it went off every 15 minutes. Making sure she gets payment for every second I guess. Would not listen to the parents in regards to the side-effects of medication. Made inappropriate suggestions like "call the paramedics to have him committed to the hospital". It's illegal for the paramedics to pick up a 15 yr old if he is of no harm to anyone. The hospital will not take him without documentation that he is harmful. My husband (a paramedic) had to inform her of this. We left and took our son off of the medication she insisted he stay on and within 3 weeks he was a different kid. He was over medicated.
I observed this dr to be arrogant and insensitive to the needs of her client and their familes. She appears highly sensitive to her own needs. She seems focused on money and she continuously types on her laptop while clients are speaking. Her schedule is not good for working parents and school age children. She didn't remember details from one session to another. She seems out of touch with parents and has a bullyish mannerism.
13 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 2005
Allegheny General Hospital-Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAlliance Clinical Associates SC, 7 Blanchard Cir Ste 201, Wheaton, IL
Dr. Andrea N Uribe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheaton, IL.