Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrea Wang-Gillam has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andrea Wang-Gillam has the following 5 expertise
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Cancerous Tumor
Dr. Andrea Wang-Gillam has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Wang-Gilliam primary focus is on research and clinical trials. If you are NOT a participant, you will not receive adequate attention and/or care. A good doctor would diagnose your type of cancer, explain all options (including radiation, clinical trials, immunotherapy, etc.), and identify what drugs are most effective (instead of trying different ones to see if they work). Dr. Wang-Gilliam plate is full. She is overwhelmed with patients and her clinical work and cannot give you the attention you deserve. I do not recommend her.
Did not address medical issue in timely fashiom turning what should have been a short uneventful hospital stay into a longer one with 2 days in ICU. Did not followup on patient during hospital stay instead left care to a Doctor that did not know anything about patient until after admission to hospital. Fired her for lack of good patient care.
17 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSiteman Cancer Center Barnes West County, 10 Barnes West Dr Ste 100, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Andrea Wang-Gillam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.