Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andreas M Brandt has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Andreas M Brandt has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Andreas M Brandt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Andreas M Brandt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I disliked this doctor very much. I went in the ER because I was having stomach flu symptoms and chest pain. I was told it was probably because I was fat and had diabetes. I hardly ever get sick like this. I know it's not from my diabetes. He made me feel very uncomfortable. I even cried when he left the room. He lectured me on exercising, instead of testing me to make sure I was ok. He was going to run all sorts of blood test, and take samples, until he saw I was overweight. And then decided to do nothing. I left feeling like crap with a simple nausea pill prescription. I hope next time I'm sick, I don't end up with this doctor. Or maybe I should just switch hospitals all together. Disgusted with the way I was treated.
25 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsEast Texas Medical Center Athens, 2000 S Palestine St, Athens, TX
Dr. Andreas M Brandt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, TX.