Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andreas Cosmatos
Dr. Andreas Cosmatos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Astoria, NY, with another office in Astoria, NY. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Cosmatos is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian-Queens and NYU Langone Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Andreas Cosmatos has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andreas Cosmatos has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Andreas Cosmatos has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Please do not waste your time for appointments. Office is crowded and overbooked. I took time off from work for the appointment and when arrived the receptionist offered to reschedule. Very rude and unprofessional she explained that their office does not have the practice to call their patients in advance in cases like that!
I find this MD to be very unprofessional, he oftern knows patients Diognosis and fails to take charge in their care, unless pushed by family memebers he does not take action... If other Md took care of Dr Cosmatos family like he does of other ederly patients I am sure he would behave very different.
I have been his patient for 30 years. His caring manner and diagnostic skills are outstanding. He is always right! Although I moved some 70 miles away from his office, he is still my doctor and always will be. Sometimes the waiting can be a bit much, but he takes his time with each of his patients so he is worth the wait.
Dr. Cosmatos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki
Graduated in 1980
Nyu Downtown Hospital
Dr. Andreas Cosmatos accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Andreas Cosmatos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Astoria, NY.