Have you seen Dr. Andreas H Gomoll?

future and current patients Beware. Dr. Gomoll performed a partial knee replacement on me. Had to have a full knee replacement after 17 months. The surgeon who performed my total knee stated the device was malaligned and he could see mechanical catching of my patella on the device he installed. I have been in recovery for over three years. BEWARE!

Incredible doctor

He treated my 15 year old daughter for Osteochondritis Dissecans. He is amazing, has a wonderful bedside manner, has made me feel so incredibly at ease, and has given my daughter her confidence back. She has no pain for the first time in 7 years. The office staff is wonderful, and Courtney is awesome!!!

Fully recommend!

Fantastic doctor and practice. Can't say enough good things. He is an outstanding doctor, took all the time I needed, addressed every question and concern. He seemed genuinely concerned about me and my condition.

Pain free "at Last"

Great surgeon with caring personality- I'd strongly recommend him.

Awesome!

Great Experience, great person, great surgeon, very professional, overall phenomenal experience

Dr Gomoll was always professional and friendly

He performed a related pair of surgeries on my knee, both went well and he explained why I needed the surgery, what the rehab time frame would be and was willing to work around some limitations I had.

Brilliant man. Incredible surgeon. Very understanding and sympathetic. A number of other orthopedics told me all they could do for me is a full knee replacement even though I'm only in my 20s and am physically fit/otherwise healthy. Dr. Gomoll's cutting edge surgical techniques saved my knee and it really has never felt so good.

My highest recommendations go to Dr. Gomoll and his staff. As a young person coming in to see Dr. Gomoll , I was quite intimidated. Dr. Gomoll was compassionate, friendly, and easy to speak to. He was able to communicate to me in away that put me at ease with my injury. Thank you Dr. Gomoll for treating me.

Dr. Gomoll's holistic approach is comforting and welcoming. I have never felt so confident in a surgeon before. I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Gomoll, and all three have been a success. I always recommend him to other people that require sport injury treatment. Not stone is left un-turned in exploring options for action and recovery.

very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, explains all options.

frighteningly bad

Told me I needed surgical knee repair without doing ANY physical exam, watching me walk, etc. All based on an MRI finding that three previous physicians had said was insignificant. When confronted with this, just shook his head arrogantly and said they were wrong. Total case of confirmation bias -- he does cartilage replacements, so he thinks you need one. Terrible experience.

Doctor's Response

I assume you came to see me as a 4th opinion because the first 3 physicians weren't able to solve your problem. This doesn't make them bad physicians, or me a great one, but cartilage is a highly specialized area in Orthopedics and there are not that many physicians that dedicate their practice to it. If you do something a lot you get better at it. So sometimes I can make the diagnosis based on the MRI and an exam doesn't add much, while other times I need to do special physical exams, or even do an arthroscopy before I can tell you what you have and what needs to be done. I'm sorry you felt I was being arrogant, but if I think someone else gave you a wrong diagnosis, I will not protect the other physician but be honest and tell you what I think. I hope you found a solution to your problem. Best, AG

Three words: pushy, pushy, pushy! Pushing hamstring reconstruction for torn ACL. When asked if he performed patellar reconstruction as well, guess what the answer was.

Doctor's Response

My answer probably was that patella tendon needs a bigger incision, hurts much more post-op than hamstrings and some studies show a higher incidence of osteoarthritis and knee pain years later. Doesn't mean patella is terrible or that I don't do patella, it's just not my general recommendation. Sorry you weren't happy with the visit. Best, ag

Dr. Andreas H Gomoll is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chestnut Hill, MA.

Dr. Andreas H Gomoll Is this you?