Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andres J Mencia has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
- Dementia Testing
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
Showing 5 of 61
HIS OFFICE IS SO DISORGANIZED HIS STAFF IS RUDE ALONG WITH HIS NURSES . WATCH OUT FOR HIS OFFICE MANAGER INNA VERY RUDE PERSON OH BY THE WAY SHE THIKS SHE"S A BARBIE SO IF YOU WANT HER TO NOT BE RUDE GIVE HER COMPLIMENT SHE"S SAD AND THE DOCTOR IS TO ALL THEYB CARE ABOUT IS MONEY THATS IT PLEASE SEEK CARE ELSE WHERE YOU WONT REGRET IT
We've been to this "doctor" and we know what he's like. Actually, we saw this guy because the doctor we had been seeing was not available and this guy ended taking over and running the show. We came away thinking he was not just full of himself, but was really an egomaniacal jerk. Then we came across a radio show he is on Sunday mornings, I think, and the phony character's sounding like this great humanitarian who knows everything there is to know about everything. Not just medicine. And he's bragging about not sending patients to specialists because he knows so much more than the specialists do. So, why make the patient go through the hardship of that extra step. We know better, Andres. Prospective patients be warned: if you are a thinking, independent-minded person, the chances are you will not be impressed with this individual.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. Andres J Mencia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAgi Dental And Medical Center, 1608 E Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andres J Mencia in this video.
Dr. Andres J Mencia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.