Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Andrew K Alshab has the following 1 specialty
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Andrew K Alshab has the following 6 expertise
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Cancer Pain
Showing 4 of 21
I just wrote a review for Dr. Alshab and after submitting it I read some of the other reviews. Please do not pay attention to the negative reviews. There are a lot of people in this area who don't want treatment. All they want is pain medication. He is not the type of doctor to just hand out pain medication to everyone who wants it. He will treat your pain but you have to be part of the treatment process. Based on my experience with him, if you take an active part in your own treatment, his plan will work. If all you want is pain medication, then he is not the doctor you want to work with. He did prescribe pain medication to me to help with my recovery. He only did so after he got to know me, and after I took a urinalysis to make sure I was not abusing pain medication. He carefully monitored my use of the medication. And when it was no longer needed. We had a conversation about stopping it and he made a plan to do so. So keep this in mind when reading reviews. During my visits, I would consistently see other patients thanking him and his staff for the care he is providing. I saw a lot more satisfied patients then unhappy ones. My experience with him was so good that I wanted to write a positive review. My belief in the help he gave me is strong enough to make me want to write this second review to defend his practice. So please, don't put to much trust in the negative reviews. As a very satisfied patient, I am willing to write a review and then defend the doctor with a second review and that should tell you something.
Dr. Alshab and his staff have been treating me for the past year. He has really helped me to recover and has done a great job at treating and managing the pain I have from a severe injury. He took the time to really listen to what I said about the symptoms I was having and made me a big part of the recovery process. His entire staff was a pleasure to work with. They always did everything possible to work with me in scheduling appointments and in getting refills of medication when I needed the refills. The staff was very friendly and always made me smile and laugh during appointments and procedures. The nurse practitioner on his staff treated me with the same care and respect as Dr. Alshab. His nurses and the office staff also treated me with the same care and respect. Having him as a doctor and being treated by him and his staff has been the best experience I have ever had with any doctor's office. I highly recommend him and am very happy to now be walking with very little pain.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Alshab is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Andrew K Alshab accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsUPPER PENINSULA PAIN INSTITUTE, 550 Osborn Blvd, Sault Sainte Marie, MI
Dr. Andrew K Alshab is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sault Sainte Marie, MI.