Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew Applewhite MD
Dr. Andrew Applewhite, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Preventive Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Applewhite is affiliated with Presbyterian Hospital, Charlton Methodist and Dallas Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew Applewhite has the following 2 specialties
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Andrew Applewhite is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Unprofessional and Rude
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrew Applewhite - Posted on November 8th, 2019
Dr. Applewhite is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dallas Regional Medical Center
Harris Methodist - Springwood
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Medical City Dallas Hospital
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Kindred Hospital Dallas
Harris Methodist H E B
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
Harris Continued Care Hospital
Methodist Medical Center
21 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1996
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Andrew Applewhite Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Andrew Applewhite's office for more information.
3500 Gaston Ave Dallas, TX : (214) 820-0111
Locations & DirectionsBaylor University Medical Center, 3500 Gaston Ave, Dallas, TX
Dr. Andrew Applewhite is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dallas, TX.