Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew N Avery has the following 5 specialties
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
- Clinical & Laboratory Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Toxicology
A medical toxicologist treats drug overdoses, whether intentional or unintentional, but they also study the specific effects various drugs and medications have on our health in specific doses. In addition to drug-related illnesses, a toxicologist can treat poisonous bug bites, snake bites and reactions to toxic plants or food.
Toxicologists can also treat and diagnose exposure to any kind of toxic chemicals, gases (such as carbon monoxide) or pesticides as well as lead, mercury and arsenic poisoning. If you work in or live close to industrial facilities, you might worry about exposure to certain chemicals and gases that would adversely affect your body’s normal function. Don't hesitate to consult with a toxicologist about your specific concerns.
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
45 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1973
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Andrew N Avery accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas A And M Health And Science Center, 3950 N A W Grimes Blvd Fl 4, Round Rock, TX
Dr. Andrew N Avery is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Round Rock, TX.