Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew J Blankenau has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
I liked Dr Blankenau, he has decent clinical skills, however, John Mulford really brings down this practice. He is rude, has bad bedside manner and even practices poor clinical judgement. He told me I was going to injure my baby taking Lovenox. I didn't see him for Lovenox I saw him for a UTI while I was pregnant. The advice he gave me regarding my blood thinners was not only wrong, it was negligent. Had I taken his advice it would have put me and my baby at risk of death. Just as another patient said in here. Mulford's default response seems to be 'go to the ER' read "I am incapable of providing you with any treatment that is beyond that of needing a baby aspirin and a flinstone vitamin" What is the point of having an urgent care clinic if the NP is so inept he can't provide... basic... urgent care? Blankenau exercised poor professionalism by instead of addressing the obvious consistently poor practice of his NP (as evidenced by the many reviews similar to mine) he chose to tell me I was unprofessional by referring to his NP as Inept to his office staff when his NP referred me to the ER for superficial infection that did not necessitate an ER visit.
Have seen John last few times I went. His favorite diagnosis seems to be go to the ER. Go to ER and nothing terrible other than a sinus infection or respiratory infection is wrong, yet now I have paid to see John and have an astronomical ER bill. Will no longer be going here and would not recommend it to anyone. It is a waste of money.
Dr. Blankenau is a very good doctor. He is very thorough and professional. I felt well taken care of, and felt that he has always treated my wife and children very well also.We have had the good fortune to be treated by Dr. Blankenau for the last few years.However, some of his medical staff, on the other hand, is not as good.The female PA, Pat, is helpful and knowledgeable but the male, John, is not. That is a shame. He brings the practice down.
28 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Lincoln Medical Education Foundation
Dr. Andrew J Blankenau accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMinor Emergency Of Denton Inc, 4400 Teasley Ln Ste 200, Denton, TX
Dr. Andrew J Blankenau is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denton, TX.