Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew J Boulet
Dr. Andrew J Boulet, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spokane, WA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Boulet is affiliated with Gritman Medical Center, Deaconess Hospital and Providence Holy Family Hospital. Dr. Boulet has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew J Boulet has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Stress Testing
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Boulet is a very busy doctor. When I first went to him in 1994, he took more time with me and did not act in front of me like he could HARDLY wait to get out of the room, but I know he is busy so I still want him to give me treatment. to be my doctor. He is a nice, honest man and I am 79 now and I have a very bad heart, but he said it was stable.
I found Dr. Boulet's patient communication to be poor. I felt that I was being hustled into surgery without a clear statement of what my diagnosis was, or what was expected to be accomplished and why. Dr. Boulet may be an excellent cardiologist, but his patient communication sucks. I found another Dr. Similarly, I was prescribed drugs without explanation as to why they were needed, what the side effects were, how I would know if they were effective, and what would determine when I would get off of them.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Boulet is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1984
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Andrew J Boulet accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Spokane Heart Institute, 122 W 7th Ave Ste 450, Spokane, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew J Boulet in this video.
Dr. Andrew J Boulet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.