Andrew Casden Is this you?

Have you seen Andrew Casden?

Exceptional surgeon

Posted on June 30th, 2016

I would not be able to walk without pain if not for him and his team. To be such a busy doctor he spends as much time as he can addressing your issues or answering questions. I only recommend him if you want your quality of life to improve.

Posted on September 22nd, 2015

Dr. Casden is an excellent spine surgeon. He performed revision surgery on my lower back. Two years earlier, a different surgeon operated on me using a technique known as XLIF. The XLIF surgery failed and caused me much pain. Dr. Casden corrected this surgery and six months later, I was pain free and playing golf. I am so grateful to Dr. Casden and his staff for this successful surgery!

Posted on September 21st, 2015

This dr is unbelieable. He did spine surgery on me quite a few yrs ago. I couldn't even walk on my own. Day after surgery I was up n walking n haven't stopped since. Can't say enough about this man.

Does not believe Lumbar Endoscopic Discectomy relieves back pain.

Posted on March 6th, 2015

I drove an hour to be asked generic questions about my condition. Staff was not willing to listen to any explanations more complex than "pick a number between "1 -10". Dr. Casden , although decent enough, does not believe Lumbar Endoscopic Discectomy relieves lower back pain. This is the 3rd time I have heard this in NYC. Twice I have been told I need a cage erected around my spine. There are many Orthopedic Surgeons claiming they can do this procedure yet it is only for leg pain Casden is one of them. While the Hospital for Special Surgery has changed the lives of 3 personal friends of mine via this particular procedure with identical symptoms, HfSS does not accept my health insurance. I'm lucky I have a family referral in Germany ready to preform the operation and have been in touch with me for 2 years now about my condition. Unfortunately my visit with Dr. Casden was a complete waste of time.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on December 18th, 2014

Dr Casden is an excellent Doctor and a MAN OF HIS WORD, I had surgery 6 month's ago and I feel great, my pain prior to the operation was debilitating!. Nice staff, I was terrified to have surgery and now I will sing Dr Casdens praises. A great DR and person. Thanks Dr Casden, you changed my life!

A Great Surgeon

Posted on July 12th, 2014

Dr. Casden is an excellent surgeon. He is a rare example of a doctor who truly cares about his patients. I would recommend this doctor to anyone in need of a great orthopedic surgeon.

Highly Recommended

Posted on February 26th, 2014

It’s very rare in these days of specialized fields to find a doctor that possesses the knowledge, proficiency and compassion to assure you that you have made the right choice for your health care. Dr. Casden is one of these rare doctors. He spends the time to fully explain your condition, discuss the procedures available, and the results that can be expected. His follow-up after surgery is second to none! Furthermore, his staff is extremely courteous, professional and always available for assistance when needed as well. I had prior spine surgery with another doctor. 18 months after that procedure, my condition was no better than before the surgery. I was then referred to Dr. Casden. He spent a great deal of time discussing my condition and possible corrections. Four months after Dr. Casden’s surgery, I feel like I have a new lease on life! I highly recommend Dr. Casden for his compassionate commitment to resolving your concerns.

Avoid

Posted on February 11th, 2014

In a big city where there are many doctors avoid this one. He is not a nice man and doesn't take insurance anymore and is abrupt and doesn't listen or spend time with you and there is a crazy long wait.

Look no further, he's the surgeon you want!

Posted on January 7th, 2014

Brilliant surgeon and a wonderful man! Dr. Casden performed two surgeries on my spine in the same day! He fused a herniated disc at C6-C7 and another herniation at T12-L1. This was a pretty complicated surgery due to the fact that I already had C4-C6 fused 4 years prior and that he was performing both fusions during the same surgery. Dr. Casden was the 3rd doctor I saw before committing to surgery again. I felt the most comfortable with his approach and his ability to fuse the 3rd level in my cervical spine without having to remove the existing hardware. Both of the other surgeons that I saw prior wanted to remove the old hardware which would've been a longer, more evasive surgery. I am currently 2-1/2 months post op and doing fantastic. I started PT 2 weeks ago and the Therapists are thrilled with the range of motion I already have. I can't say enough about Dr. Casden and his staff. They're all committed to helping patients get better in a friendly environment

Relief Finally!

Posted on December 17th, 2013

After being misdiagnosed, spending a month in in-patient rehab, getting conflicting diagnoses a friend suggested Dr. Casden. He saw me quickly, explained my MRI to me in detail and told me what his suggested course of action would be. Surgery was scheduled through his excellent staff, he spoke in detail to my wife after the surgery and has been supportive of post-surgical physical therapy. I am doing so well now thanks to Dr. Casden.

Posted on October 3rd, 2013

In 2007, I played in the US Senior Golf Amateur. In 2009, I thought my golf career was over due to a herniated disc. I was unable to lie down and slept in a chair for 3 months. Since then, Dr. Casden has performed 2 microdiscetomy operations, in 2009, and in 2012. In both cases my debilitating pain was immediately gone after the operations. I was able to resume golf both times within 6-8 weeks. Since 2009, I have won 4 Club Championships, 2 Long Island Senior Championships and this week won the New York MGA Masters Championship. How fortunate I was to have been operated on by Dr. Casden. His expertise is unparalleled. He fully explained the entire procedure and my recovery timetable. My recoveries were right on schedule. Thanks to Dr Casden I have been able to continue my passion for playing golf and being pain free.

Posted on October 1st, 2013

Before seeing Dr. Casden I had trouble walking because of the pain in my back and legs. After the operation I am pain free and able to take part in activities that I thought were lost forever.