3.6

Have you seen Dr. Andrew R Conn?

NEVER AGAIN, SHOULD NOT PRACTICE MEDICINE

Saw Dr. Conn today, never again. I was nervous to begin with because I've had C.Diff for a over a month, 2 visits to the hospital. Now I'm terrified. He was not prepared, not informative, not helpful. I was hoping for a plan of action and he could of cared less. He seemed tired and irritable and was so rude I began to cry. I advise he be avoided at all cost.

Arrogant

Took my sister in to see Dr. Caruso, but instead we where told that it would be Dr. Conn. Never seen the man before and care to see him as a doctor again. My sister has down syndrome and dementia. He referred to her as those people. She's been having a really bad problem with constipation for a while. This man recommended to give her 2 additional medications to take on top of the two she was already on. WHAT, BECAUSE A PERSON HAVE DISABILITY MEAN THAT THEY DON'T DESERVE TO BE TREATED AS HUMAN? He didn't qant to hear what I was saying at all. RUDE. Maybe he's been practicing to long or he has no patience with people he feels are beneath him.

Very rude and condescending

I guess he becomes irritated easily if you don’t understand gi talk, even put my hand out and he ignored it, I think my husband has to see him again but his patient manner is horrible, I think he read my husbands records and had his preconceived notion that his problems are his own fault ( which they are) however, he is nasty and I detested him.

Angry

Children are not welcome my Dr. Conn. He doesn't listen to you. He'll accuse you of lying. He'll repeat tests and do nothing for your pain. Don't waste your time.

This was my 2nd visit with Dr Conn as we relocated from MD. He was supposed to have read my previous Gastroin dr medical records and didn’t know if he had, as he said “there was a lot of junk on his desk and so not sure if my records were on there or not”. So disappointed and felt like he let the ball drop. He was tired and said so. He doesn’t seem have a professional way about him. I am used to professionalism at Annapolis Gastroin. Asked him if he would escript a medication I am been on before seeing him and he said he “promised he would”, which he didn’t and have had to call the office to get it called in. I could go and go.

First Do No Harm

I went to Dr. Conn for a colonoscopy. I was referred to him by a gastroenterologist who was too busy to see me. Brief history: Three years earlier, I had a colonoscopy that revealed a precancerous polyp, so I was told I needed to come back in three years. Then I moved to a new location and had to find another doc to do the procedure. So I had tried two times within the previous 6 months to get a colonoscopy, but in both cases I was unable to tolerate the prep. On this third attempt, I was successful. Unhappily, Dr. Conn was not aware of this history because he had not reviewed my medical records, which seemed odd. So I advised him of my situation minutes before the procedure. During the procedure, I apparently aspirated some stuff into my lungs. In recovery, one of the nurses noticed my cough and asked me if I had it before the surgery. I advised her that I had not. She called over the anesthesiologist, who explained that I was coughing during the procedure, suggesting that I indeed had aspirated. Then Dr. Conn came by and began to complain that whoever had done a previous procedure had only partially removed a polyp, but seemed confused by what had occurred previously. So I explained that I had two polyps removed -- one three years ago that was precancerous and another just a few months back that was not. He said he couldn't be sure which polyp he was working on -- underscoring the importance of having someone's medical records prior to surgery, which, by the way, I had sent over to the referring gastroenterologist. Not knowing which polyp it was, meant he couldn't tell how fast it had grown. And since he was unable to completely remove the polyp (!) he wanted me to come back in three months to repeat the procedure. Bottom line is this: I am now on antibiotics for a lung infection, and I have to repeat the procedure because he only partially removed the polyp (remember he complained about someone who previously only partially removed a polyp). And bedside manner? If you want a doc who repeatedly walks away while you're mid-sentence and doesn't even ask how you're doing when you're obviously in distress, he's your guy.

Dr. Andrew R Conn is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lewes, DE.